Monday, October 15, 2012

1st Post-Op Doctor's Appointment

Had my staples removed and it was honestly so much easier than I expected. Didn't hurt at all! She placed butterfly stitches in place of them and will see me again in 2 weeks from today. She also opted not to start me on HRT just yet. Since I am not having any menopause symptoms, she wants to give my body time to get through one trauma before starting something new. I was very happy that she wasn't jumping too quickly to add HRT...she said we will sit and discuss all of my options in 2 weeks. My pathology report is what floored me. I had endo on my uterus, fallopian tubes and my cervix. She also found numerous cysts on my ovaries. She looked at me and said "honey, no wonder you were in so much pain for so long. We absolutely did the right surgery for you". That made me feel better. So, that's my update. I go back Oct 29th for another post-op appt...woo hoo!!

1 comment: