Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October...already?

Where does the time go? I had every intention of keeping this blog up to date, but unfortunately...life happens.

After suffering terribly from endometriosis, I am having a full abdominal hysterectomy on October 9th. The doc has decided she is taking everything...uterus, ovaries and ALL to try and control the endo. I feel VERY blessed that God gave me 8 healthy children before the endo kicked in...I know some women suffer terrible, not only with the pain, but with infertility as a result of it. So, I refuse to complain. At 42, I certainly don't need my girl parts anymore. Although, I am not looking forward to going through instant menopause. YUCK.

Elliott Surf Fishing at Assateague


Things are going well, otherwise...We have spent a ton of time on the beach this summer. We are sad to see summer end.

Elliott has officially completed the 1st Grade through Seton. (LOVE this home school program) He received all A's and one B (the B is in handwriting) I can live with that! LOL.

Course
1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
Art 1   A   A   A   A   A  
English 1   A+   A   A-   B+   A  
Handwriting 1   B   B   C   B   B-  
History 1   A-   A-   A   B   A-  
Math 1   A+   A+   A+   B-   A  
Music 1   A   A   A   A   A  
Physical Education 1   A   A   A   A   A  
Reading/Phonics 1   A+   A+   A+   A+   A+  
Religion 1   A-   A-   A   B+   A-  
Science/Health 1   A   A   A   A   A  
Spelling 1   A   A+   A+   A+   A+  

His 2nd grade curriculum arrived yesterday and I am just as in love with his 2nd grade material as I was with 1st. The big difference in the 2nd grade curriculum is they have added Reading Comprehension (which I was supplementing anyway) and 4 book reports. So, he is going to be a busy little guy. I am working this week on writing lesson plans so that after my surgery, we can begin his "new year". Next week I will be out of commission, but I am hoping that by week 2 post-op, I can sit in bed and do some work with him. But, I am leaving it flexible in case I am not able to "think" yet...

Gideon caught a fish


The other kids are doing well. Ryan is playing JV soccer for his high school, Bo is a freshman and loving it and Emma is at the middle school after home schooling last year. She went back to public school, at her request, and she seems to be doing much better. She joined JrROTC and LOVES it!!

Emma


Alex is at Salisbury University and really enjoying the college life. We miss him, though!

Ryan fishing as Bo and Eric watch


Gideon is driving me nuts, but has learned how to ride a bike and has started Kindergarten (at home) Not sure if we will continue home schooling him next year...a lot depends on how well he gets through Kindergarten. If he does well, I MAY keep him home and continue on with 1st grade. (otherwise, he will have to repeat K in the public school because of his age)

Kevin is back to doing school work on-line and taking a computer programming class, with Eric's help. Here is some of Kevin's artwork...he draws all this stuff on-line








Well, that is my update. All is well in the Belardo abode. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment