Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Beginnings



The phrase "everything happens for a reason" is so incredibly true and something I wish I could make my kids understand. Not that we want all the bad things in our life, but if we look back we can usually see all the reasons WHY obstacles, bad decisions (and good ones) were thrown at us. I don't believe it's all in God's plan. God certainly didn't want me to have children BEFORE getting married; God didn't want me to get divorced; BUT, He always leaves the door open for us to head down the RIGHT path once we "see the light" and chose to do it. I believe God sits and watches us. He will open the right door for us to go through, and when we purposely avoid the right door and go on our own path, a little further down the road, he opens another one and watches and waits...with a LOT of patience, with the hope that we will eventually pass through the right door and follow Him.

This is where I am at! Eric and I want desperately to have our marriage blessed in the Catholic Church. We met with our Priest, Father Stan, and are finally on the path to what God wants for us. It will mean having to look back at a lot of past mistakes and admitting we did wrong. It will mean looking at our past decisions and realizing they weren't good ones. But, Eric and I have grown so much in our 11 years together. We have had a LOT of ups and downs and walking through wrong doors. But, we are both, walking through the right door, TOGETHER!

It's never too late to do the right things. It's never too late to learn from the past and move forward. We have one life to try and make it right, so remember to walk through the right door and follow God's path. But, if you find you have ignored the right path for too long, learn from it. Everything happens for a reason!


1 comment:

  1. You and Eric are the best Carmen! I love what you said about God didn't want me to get divorced; BUT, He always leaves the door open for us to head down the RIGHT path once we "see the light" and chose to do it." This means so much to me right now to hear that! Love u!

    ReplyDelete