Tuesday, May 1, 2012

30 Days to Go...Alex

Where did the time go? 30 days and my 3rd child from the top graduates high school.

So, now is a good time to introduce my son, Alex.
Alex & me 2001

I always joke that he is my favorite because I had him the easy way...I didn't have to go through the pain of child birth! :) When Eric and I met, Alex was only 7. I have never considered him a step-son...he has been with me, going on 11 years now. He is an amazing young man and has been a fabulous brother to ALL of his siblings!
Alex & Little Brother Gideon

He had a rough road...going from being the only child and the center of attention for 7 years to being stuffed into a BIG instant family, but he handled it well! Within no time he blended in like he had been with us forever. It was difficult for Eric's side of the family to "let go" after having Alex to themselves for so long, but the road got easier with time.

I am so thankful I have been given the blessing of helping raise such a terrific young man!

National Honor Society 2011


Graduation is May 30th...party follows on May 31st at the Atlantic Hotel. (our favorite place to eat)

Atlantic Hotel
The Ballroom where we are having Alex's Graduation Party

No comments:

Post a Comment