Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm At It Again

So, Emmalee and I have started the road of head covering. Why? Well, my plan was to do it for Lent but after much prayer and discussion with my husband and "fellow head coverers" I have decided to start early. It just feels right. Silly? Perhaps. But, I find that when I stay covered, it's like having God's hand on me at all times. A sense of security, I guess. It's also a form of submission to God and my husband. It reminds me that God and my husband should come above everything else. And, I am so quick to allow everything else in life to come first.

So, while on our head covering journey, one thing Emma and I have found is that there are not too many head coverings to chose from. I don't want to look Amish, or look like a Nun, or look like a Muslim. I just want a simple, stylish head covering that doesn't draw too much attention to myself.

So, what does one do when you can't find what you're looking for? Well, design your own, of course. We are purchasing a sewing machine and are going to find an easy way to make our own. It should be fun! And, who knows...maybe we will be the next head covering fashion designers! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment